Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunshine

Since the middle of last week we've had almost constant fog. Thick dense fog.

Feeling a little stir crazy we all got up this morning and showered (even the twins got a bath!) gearing up for some outing & hoping for better weather.

Chris, Michele & Glenn headed out to Capitol Hill for some yummy stump town coffee. While they were out the sun returned! It was glorious, endless blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Chris took Michele & Glenn up the street to see the Olympic mountains. Glenn heard we had mountains around here but hadnt even been able to see lake Washington from the Burke Gilman let alone the cascades or Olympics.

When they returned the twins were sleeping so I stole a few minutes and went outside to take down all of the Christmas lights and decorations. a little late... but today was one of the first sunny days after epiphany :)! It was wonderful to enjoy some time in the fresh air. Since they were sleeping so well I took the opportunity to weed 4-5 of the flower beds too. And I'm so glad I did. I found a particularly wonderful surprise, my tulip bulbs are popping out! It's quite early but what a wonderful reminder that spring is just around the corner!

After I cleaned up and the twins woke up and got situated we headed out to the neighborhood park while Michele and Glenn stayed behind to out together a super yummy roast bison and mashed potatoes dinner. It was nice to feel the sun on our face and get some fresh air.

Tonight marks our last night with Michele, Glenn & James. Beyond missing their presence here among us, we will dearly miss the home cooked meals each night :) the food has been incredible and even more so the sense of family sitting around our dining room table and sharing "adult" conversation. (Plus Claire did some great eating of a variety of foods! What a treat!)

Thank you Michele, Glenn & James! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

& more pictures....















No comments: