More than I ever thought it would, having a baby changes your head. I'm not talking about the little things, like the fact that my new favorite color is the color of my baby girl's hair. I'm talking about big things like how all my future decisions have an impact on this new perfect little person we've brought into the world.
I found myself thinking precisely of this as we drove home from the hospital with our little angel patiently sleeping in the back. Of course, we didn't go home the fast way right down I-5, but rather, I opted for the decidedly less hectic path following the lakeshore south and then winding up the hill to our house, finally pulling into the driveway.
Something tells me that more or less for the rest of her life Claire is going to need to be patient with me, as I'm always going to tend to take the calmer path. I may not always get it right the first time around, but I'll keep trying. I'm always going to avoid the hectic nature of the outside world and foremost I'm always going to do my best to protect her.
Throughout the last few days we've gotten emails from many of you. I just wanted to thank you for your well wishes. We appreciate all of your love and support and look forward to being able to share moments in the life of our little Sweet Pea.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment