Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Family & Friends

Well it's only Tuesday and it has already been a week (month, year) of many firsts.. all relative I suppose. On Monday Claire and I ventured out alone for the first time. We went to her pediatric check up where she weighed in at 8lbs 8oz just a few oz under her birth weight and while we were there she graced her mommy with quite literally the largest poop I have ever seen... not quite to the degree I heard is possible with some "deposits" but there may have been a little sneaking its way down her leg! Wow! (she'll love me later for making that public knowledge) We then headed to an appt for me, then to the grocery store and drug store. It was quite the outing!

Today we headed to the Dog park with Daddy and Breck. Our first day back at the dog park since Claire's birth. Breck was definitely the most excited one but we were all happy to be back at Marymoor where we spent many afternoons leading up to Claire's arrival and anticipate spending many more.


We have been truly blessed with family and friends visiting and meeting our little "Claire Bear". Last Thursday Chris's cousin Melissa and husband Thom came by and brought over some incredible comfort food casseroles and raspberry bars that 'were' to die for! It was great to have them here and Melissa was a real champ with Claire! Uncle Dick, Aunt Gayle, Counsins Richard & Stephanie and their two kids Sierra and Mason stopped by on Saturday. Stephanie is a Queen Mom - she has a way with all children that is amazing and soothing. Mason is just moments away from walking and I have to say it was reassuring to see that these little bundles really do grow up.


Matthew, Colleen, McKenzie and Cassandra were over on Sunday. McKenzie was giving out lots of kisses to her new baby cousin and a big Thank you to Cassandra for the super yummy enchilada's! It is truly incredible that the three families will have kids so close in age with McKenzie being the oldest, then Claire, then Baby Delaune then Baby Zaremba #2. A truly exciting time and a sense of doing it all together that is more comforting than I ever thought possible. With two of the strongest women in my life at various stages of motherhood and pregnancy I am reminded each and every day that we will all get through this together!


Grandma & Grandpa Z came over on Monday for Chris's 29th birthday celebration and so Grandpa Z could meet his newest grand child. With the fireworks over they are finally coming out of their own fog and getting back to their normal schedule. It was great to have family around the table, gifts and ice cream cake to remind us of the other aspects of life.

Of course I can not fail to mention how nice it has been to have Auntie Annie living with us all summer. She has been a real trooper... not to mention the official ice cream "pick-er-upper" on her way home from work. Being able to live vicariously through the life of a 21 year old has been a blessing over these past few weeks.

Each day we learn so much! As I type Claire is sleeping in her crib for the first time. What a journey this truly is. We couldn't do it without the love and support of our family and friends. So thank you! Truly - I can't tell you how much your emails, calls, mailings and visits have meant to me.

No comments: