Sunday, July 13, 2008

A comforting smell like no other...

Two weeks... I can't believe she's already been here for two weeks. The time has flown by but at the same time gone at the speed of molasses. I keep saying I can't wait until she's walking and talking and telling us what we can do to make her happy and keep her healthy but at the same time she is sure cute at this stage of her life.

We spent Saturday at my parents house - it was a great day for an outing. Chris & Breck swam in the pool for a good 3-4 hours. The puppy and daddy got super tired! Grandma Z had the opportunity to hold our little Claire bear all afternoon while I just looked on and gave my own arms a rest.


Brother Matthew and Sister Annie spent the day around the parents house as well. It was nice to be home with everyone in the family. A rarity but hopefully an event that will happen more often in the future.

When we got home on Saturday night I caught myself tearing up over what would seem to be an odd thing. My cute, perfect little baby girl had the distinct smell of her grandmother. It was a surreal collision of my life new and old. My little baby had a hint of my mom on her freshly bathed body. It was a difficult feeling to explain to Chris when he inquired as to why I was tearing up. It was such a wonderful day to get out and about and spend time with my mom - a full circle in effect with mom holding our little Claire bear. I just have to say Thanks Mom - it was a perfect day - just what I needed - the knot in my stomach - the anxiety I feel every step I take has lessened a little to even be tolerable at times.




I venture back to work for a few hours here and there this week - with some time actually at the hospital and some from home. The anxiety surrounding that is high and I have said with our next child I will plan to take much more concentrated time off - but with where things are at right now I wanted to stay involved at a level that would keep the ramping back up to full time in October to a minimum.

Everyday we do things that we think it would be fun to blog about.. today we ventured out and got breakfast at a favorite neighborhood cafe - Mioposto. Then welcomed cousin Patti over to meet Ms. Claire, made it to Costco for a few provisions and once again drove all the way to Kirkland for a Girl Scout Cookie thin mint blizzard. Everyday is a new day with new adventures and another step closer to feeling more in tune with what is going on around us. Keeping in touch with each of you is so very important to us - we love hearing how life is on the "outside" and like even more seeing you! Grandma Pat arrives on Wednesday - more blogs sure to follow.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Darling Sister,
This transition into mothering is so exhausting and emotional... I was such a weeper after James was born... And the hormones are so in flux right now...

I love you so much! I'm always here for you... xoxo Shel