Mother Nature has teased us with a few consecutive days of 70 or near 70 degree weather! It has been heavenly! We've spent as much time as possible out in the glorious sunshine. The last three weeks of March I was back to work as much as possible and Grammy Mary came 6 days and watched the twins while Chris took 3 days off so 9 of 15 days I was in at the office for all or part.
But when my "last" day rolled around and the thermometer hit 70 I knew I needed to hang up the email and focus on the vitamin D. Conor, Ella and I went for a beautifully long walk and then went and picked up big sister Claire 2 hours early from school, drive straight home and headed for our neighborhood park. We were there until well after 6! It was great!
It was unofficial twin day at the Ravenna Eckstein park. We ran into at least 6 sets of twins! Ours being the youngest by far. But I met other mothers involved with the SFOM sale and group. I'm looking forward to that event and getting to know the families better as the twins grow.
So Friday-Sunday we were out in the sun as much as possible. Saturdays are a bit crazy now with Soccer, Ballet, and inevitable birthday party and some evening plans. Sundays are a bit more relaxed and this past Sunday was Easter! Everyone dressed up, we visited Uncle Matt's house and participated in some egg hunts around our house.
Nearly Two weeks ago I caravaned with Uncle Matt & cousin Ben to Yakima with Grandpa Carl, Claire, Ella and Conor - it was great to see great grandpa Robert and capture great grand kid photos! The drive back for me and the kids was great but grandpa Carl, Matthew and Ben stuck around in Yakima for a few more hours and hit a blizzard on the way back! Late march blizzards can be pretty crazy!
The week prior we hit an Irish pub with the kids in celebration of St Patty's day :) it was nice to be out in pier 70 and enjoying a pint of Guiness!
Ella & Conor are so smiley and giggly these days. They are both so strong at holding their heads up. Sleep seems to be getting more solid but our schedule remains the same. Chris and I transition at 2am... Some nights are better than others but every night we're both sleepy. It works well but we're both looking forward to sleeping as long as we want. On the weekends we both get more sleep and its pretty funny how uncomfortable we are with an hour or two more sleep. My back hurt and Chris got a headache! So apparently we've conditioned our bodies to love a 5 hour night sleep.
Today is the start of paternity leave day 3 for Chris! So far so good! Last night he made a lovely steak dinner while I took crazy Conor for a walk to whole foods. I like this house husband thing! We'll just have to get him into deep cleaning and organizing!
Work is good. I'm contemplating a career change... I'm at a tipping point... One that I want to make sure I stay in the drivers seat for. We'll see!
Grandma Mary & Grandpa Carl are in Hawaii and Auntie Anne & Rich just returned from a week backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon. I'm looking forward to when we're ready for our next vacation adventure! So many fun memory making adventures ahead!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment