Well Claire has the week off from school & I've lined up a week of fun with the brood.
Today we were out of the house by 9:30 and headed to Green Lake. The weather was gorgeous. Endless blue skies and bright brilliant sunshine. We took the long meandering way through our neighborhood stopping at a coffee shop and bakery near green lake for a super yummy espresso, breakfast sandwich and other treats.
Then it was to the park we went! Claire played and played and played some more for literally hours! Never tiring of the options. Then we headed down to the waters edge & beach. It was time for Ella and Conor's lunch.
Claire explored the beach and made a new friend, Olivia. Ella, Conor & I soaked up the rays and vitamin D. Claire followed the ducks around with Olivia & write their names & drew pictures in the sand.
We headed back home after awhile, this time the more direct route as big sisters legs were getting tired and we had some diaper changing in our future
Lunch for the non bottle crowd, selecting, printing, picking up & cutting photos for the Disney World character autograph books, picking up the house for Isabel's visit tomorrow and Dolphin Swim class for Claire rounded out the day.
We are still on the 8:30/9p-2a & 2a-7:30/8a switch sleep schedule for Chris & I. I keep reading 2 months is a possible turning point for sleeping longer. It's hard to tell how much sleep they really get with the switching of feeding one than the other. It never feels like more than an hour or two... I am longing for the 10-12 hour sleep stretches I know will come with time... It seems like a distant dream but it will hopefully be here before we know it... In the meantime I've adjusted well to life on 4-5 hours of sleep. It's not far from what I was choosing to get while working... April 1 & back at work will be interesting.
We have Isabel here tmrw for an all day play date, a rendezvous with friends on Thursday and more play dates on Friday.
The twins are stirring... Time for their next feeding...
Ps. A new contraption for the twins arrived yesterday. Daddy & Claire put it together. With Conor exceeding the standard growth charts for a nearly 2 month old I set him in first.. We have a few more weeks to grow but they'll grow into it. In time for daddies paternity leave is the goal
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment