Sunday, June 8, 2008

Running Out of Time and Space

No news yet and as my kind brother put it, it looks like Claire's moved into a double wide or I'm expecting twins.. so needless to say.. I'm ready to pop any day. We had our 37 week check in with the new OB last week. She is down and ready to go.. we are sad that our OB is moving away and we are on to our 3rd OB during the pregnancy. Jill in Colorado, Amy in Seattle and now Vicki. All wonderful women.. I just wish we could have had one throughout (I'm thinking it would be easier to convince someone that has known me for awhile to induce or schedule a c-section... but alas everyone - except me - seems content to wait)

We have another appointment on Wednesday... here's hoping I'm told there is some additional progress being made. The contractions (braxton hicks or not) have been more regular which makes for a fun day. Claire has continued to be active enough to keep me from worrying which makes me appreciate her cooperative ways already.

We are winding down our weekends... We had a great time celebrating cousin McKenzie's 1 Year birthday on Saturday and received the incredible news that Claire will soon have TWO cousins with Matthew and Colleen expecting Z Baby # 2 in January of '09! YAY! wow!

Sunday, after a few hours trying to induce labor by walking through the dog park, we had the great opportunity to share the news and evening with cousins Chris & Cassandra. It is always so fun to see them and it is great to share pregnancy stories with them as they are expecting in October.

Lots of babies - such a great time for the Herrman/Zaremba/Betcher families..just too much fun!

Well the bag is (nearly) packed.. the nursery (almost) complete and the house (practically) as clean as I will get it.. I'm just not sure what more nesting I can do :)

Now we just need little Claire....

3 comments:

Carl Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carl Z said...

Tis well known that the "Zaremba" women are not a patient bunch, they prefer their gratification to be instant: "I want it all and I want it NOW!" 'Course this is easy for me to say, what do I know about the last few weeks / days before delivery.
At least you haven't had to suffer through much hot weather; cold and wet is about all we've seen so far in 2008 :-(
B-day must be close, everyone has their favorite day all picked out! Now if we can just get Claire to pick one !

Michele said...

You know, honey, they say there are other ways to induce labor....;) ;)

Though you might not be so much in the mood for that these days :)

Be patient, nature will take its course...