Friday, February 15, 2013

Sunny & 60 degrees

Mark it on the calendar.. February 15th & it's beautiful blue skies not a cloud to be seen. Both mountain ranges are absolutely majestic, snow covered and crystal clear as though we could just reach out and touch them.

So Conor, Ella & I have been preparing a special dinner these past couple days.

Consisting of:

A raspberry smash champagne aperitif

Herbed crepes with smoked salmon and shallot cream cheese appetizer

Fresh Strawberries

Lobster, avocado, grapefruit arugula salad

Filet migon with a Maderia peppercorn sauce garished with parsnip crisps

Carrot Purée
Celery Root Purée

Heart shaped rich chocolate decadence cake.

A special French '96 Chateau Canet blend we've been cellaring for the right moment, this is it!

We've invited auntie Anne over to share the meal with Chris, Claire and I. I'm excited!

But back to the weather! It's beautiful and despite needing to do a lot of meal prep we had to get out in it today. So I loaded up the twins and we headed to u village and did some shopping at Banana Republic, Tiffany's, Kiehls and Starbucks :) then just sat out and soaked in the sun for a bit.

We headed home then walked down to whole foods for a few last minute groceries. I picked up some blooming hyacinths and tulip potted plants too - they smelled so good! We got home and opened a bunch of the windows... And turned on the Irish pub radio channel. Close your eyes and imagine the smell of hyacinths, tulips, fresh strawberries, clean crisp spring air and the sun on your face with your favorite Irish musicians in the background... Perfection!

I'm off to finish the appetizer before Annie gets here while Conor and Ella nap.

Here's hoping this weather continues!

















1 comment:

Carl Z said...

Happy Valentines Day! Nice job - Chef Jennifer - WOW! Wait 'till Coner & Ella see what they missed :-)