I was going to title this post just "out for a stroll" but happen to glance back at Claire's and noted around this time I had the exact same title of a post... Good to see I haven't changed much in 4 and a half years
This past weekend we were quite organized Saturday morning as I was determined to all go to a coffee shop together and enjoy some sit down public calmness. I had made it over to Ballard earlier in the week on my own before picking Claire up one day from school and was looking forward to a similar experience as a family.
We headed to ballet first and it happened to be "watch day" where the whole family can come sit in the classroom and observe the ballerinas! So we did just that! I held Conor, Chris took Ella and we were taught what Claire has been learning. To top it off I got to dance with Claire! She taught me how to do birdie skips vs regular skips. Conor loved it too :)
We made it to Java Bean next and enjoyed a nice coffee shop experience. Since we were out and about and the twins had a change & feed session at the coffee shop we took a vote & went to two open houses nearby next :) I am so lucky that Claire LOVES open houses. Here's hoping one or both Conor & Ella do too so our "for" numbers always outweigh the "against".
Sunday it was off to West Seattle & Alki. We did Costco for the first time then headed over to an open house right on the beach near the Fauntleroy ferry. Next we tried a new coffee establishment, the original bakery. Super cute, cafe vita coffee with yummy doughnuts.
We hurried home to start putting together appetizers for the Super Bowl! Auntie Annie & Rich joined us, with enough food in total to serve a small army. With good food, great company, & my favorite beer we settled in for a great game. Most of us were rooting for Baltimore although neither team really had us going. The commercials were fun, the game was a nice competitive match up and it's always nice to see Auntie Annie!
I ran into work for a bit Monday night, went through some papers, picked up some gifts folks had left & mailed all of the thank you notes I had caught up on (Barbara, Pauline, Suttons, Steve, Blake, Patricia, Carol, Laura, Sharon, & Stephanie.) It was a nice feeling to be back in the office... Inspiring... Almost.
Last week Chris had chaperoned a field trip to King County Airport which they both loved! And so this week when the opportunity came up to chaperone a trip to the fire station learning center he sighed right up. Claire just loves it when daddy comes on the field trips. We are so lucky his work schedule is flexible enough to allow for it!
I had my six week post partum check up, all is well for the most part, after twins I guess it takes a little while for all if your innards to go back to the correct location... I actually officially did my hair for the doctor visit.. After wearing it in braids for the last 6 weeks, having it down was a treat!
It worked out so well that Chris was home from the field trip in time to watch Conor & Ella while I ran off to the doctor. Thanks Chris!! We walked to Vios for lunch when I returned & it was great! On the walk back we took the long way & explored the neighborhood a bit. The fresh air did us all some good.
It was off to Claire's swim lesson after that. She is really excelling in Dolphin and I can see porpoise in her future. The mountlake terrace swim lessons have been great.
I was inspired enough by our short walk the day before that I bundled up Conor & Ella the next day after their baths and we took a much longer walk around the neighborhood, to whole foods for groceries and coffee (mate latte!), through Cowen & Ravenna parks then back around through all of the side streets. It would be great if I could muster handling Breck along with the twins... Hmmm I don't know.
Claire has another swim lesson tonight and I hope to make it over to green lake today for a stroll. Grandma is headed over tonight with Spuds! Friends from work Cynthia & Tara are coming by on Saturday with Stephanie & Karen coming next Tuesday. Lots to look forward to (perhaps an open house or 2 this weekend! I should note we are not planning to move, we simply like look. We're planning to move in 3-4 years. The open houses now are just for fun!)
Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks...
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment