Thursday, April 9, 2009

9 months + our first trip to the Zoo!

I really am horrible at this sometimes.... how is it possible that I feel like I used to have more time when Claire was even younger? I think she used to sleep on and off more often... and when she was awake she was "peacefully" in my arms... now she is mobile.. strongly crawling where ever she likes, climbing up stairs, and "surfing" around on the furniture.. a far cry from simply watching her squirm on her activity mat... but I have to say I like the activity and interaction - she claps, waves, giggles, says ma ma, da da and ba ba (bottle).. she's even learned some sign language that helps us to communicate... its incredible!

We have been spending time each night unpacking boxes, organizing and scheming about what to do in the new house. We absolutely love the neighborhood and get out for a walk nearly every day. There is a great park in every direction - we change up which direction we head and explore the areas around us.

We have had family over for a few visits and are in the planning stages for parties with other groups of friends. (Claire with cousins McKenzie and Ben!)
We have been venturing out in the AMAZING Seattle Sunshine as of late... (the weather this past week here has almost helped us to forget how much we deeply miss Colorado.. almost... I think we know.. someday ... we just have to go back... ) this last weekend included a trip to the zoo - where Claire was simply amazed to find other hairy beasts existed in the world outside of her daddy. We played with cousins McKenzie & Ben along with friend Atticus. The children's play area was full of fun animals, drums and other surprises.


This weekend is the annual Easter Celebration. We have offered to host this year and are looking forward to a Greek themed Easter. Complete with egg hunts in the back yard as well as a large neighborhood hunt at Ravenna Park (just a block away!) I went out and bought some Mr Clean erasers to take care of some of the scrapes and scratches from the move in... I found it entertaining that my box of 4 erasers... turned out to be only 3... BC (before Claire) I might have taken the time to write the company to explain my dis satisfaction.. now I simply welcome the fact that I will only feel obligated to go through 3 sponges in my cleaning marathon instead of 4... my how times change.
Claire is enjoying day care more and more. She started music classes this last week and is emerging as a big fan of dance and music. She loves her little play friends and the teachers are great. We continue with our PEPs group.. monthly now instead of weekly - it is just so relaxing when I enter that room full of our friends.. it has been indescribably fantastic to have such strong families to lean on, quiz, listen to and grow along with during this dynamic and raw time in our lives. (Claire and daddy on the piano - below)

The animals are doing well.. Breck is so patient.. its incredible. The boys tend to be able to fend for themselves.. but you can always tell Claire is thinking of ways to get to them.
Its hard to believe she is 9 1/2 months old. Just too much fun! Time has just FLOWN by! She has moved on to eat just about whatever we put in front of her... (above) she has just finished eating a bowl of beef stew with vegetables.. between the beef and the carrots there was a bit of an orange oily substance that stuck to her like orange paint. She loved it! So here is my little orange oompa-loompa baby. If you know me well.. I have always been a bit afraid of the oompa-loompa's... Claire is trying to cure me of that fear (aversion)... what a trooper :)

Such a happy happy baby. We are just so happy and feel so lucky.

More to come soon....

1 comment:

Mommo said...

I love reading your blog. It has been a long time since you added something!!